The other day I discovered it was possible to put Anna's hair in pigtails so she's been sporting the new do everyday day since! They usually last until naptime and then I have to go on a search for the rubber bands. I love it though. She looks like such a little girl now.
Enough about the new do... now it's time to discuss the new attitude! Our little Anna is going through some changes and it's safe to say we've entered the "terrible two's." I heard it usually happens well before the second birthday and that's definitely the case here. Routines that used to be so predictable and easy are no longer so - getting into the carseat, getting into the bath, getting out of the bath, going to bed, etc. She has a very strong opinion about these things and it's usually "NO!" Her furry little red monster friend (that's Elmo for those of you that don't have a toddler) will usually calm her down but I hate resorting to the TV or computer at such an early age. We fought it for as long as we could but we're only so strong!
But we're adjusting and figuring things out again. The fun, sweet, and happy Anna moments are way more frequent than the tantrum-throwing, back-arching, screaming-at-the-top-of-her-lungs moments. So that's good.
3 comments:
It's hard to believe that you're talking about this little angel. I won't believe it until I see it - which will be soon. Can't wait.
love the new do - hopefully the terrible 2's won't affect you being able to put the pigtails in! we all feel for you - the carseat resistance is the worst - it still continues now for us...
And these moments may continue for awhile, as Kristie hinted. Just a few weeks ago I had to deal with a flailing Gwen in the middle of a parking lot. She's a lot bigger now (as is my belly!) so it was totally awkward and embarassing...even though nobody was around!
The adorableness does outweigh it all though and those pigtails are super sweet!
Post a Comment