We got back on Sunday and then the five of us left Monday morning for a quick trip to Yosemite. It was gorgeous this time of year with the fall colors and diminishing crowds. Anna did really well during the day and was totally mesmerized by the surroundings. The nights were kind of a different story. I don't know if it was the hotel room, the altitude, or what, but she was up every one to two hours and nothing seemed to make her happy. Todd and I haven't had nights like that since she was two weeks old! I forgot what it felt like to be so tired.
It was a busy couple of weeks but so much fun. Now we have Thanksgiving to look forward to, which means a visit from Grandma J who hasn't seen Anna since she was three weeks old! I have a feeling she might be just a little bit excited to see her granddaughter :-)
Nana and Anna - happy to see eachother!
Hiking around Yosemite Falls
The spoon provided hours of entertainment at the Ahwahnee Lodge
Nana and Papa
Half Dome at sunset
2 comments:
I have wonderful pictures in my head about our time together. It was our pleasure to take care of Anna and be with you at Yosemite.
Quick trip to Yosemite...how awesome!
Even now Gwen will have trouble sleeping somewhere else, often a wake-up in the middle of the night and of course she's in a pack-n-play in the same room! But that's life with a kiddo.
Post a Comment